— The Allen Institute appointed Chris Beaudoin as its new chief operations officer. Beaudoin was previously chief operating officer at Swedish, a Seattle-area healthcare system affiliated with Providence.
Prior to joining Swedish, Beaudoin spent a decade at Renton-based Providence, working in pharmacy services and operations before becoming part of the corporate business team tasked with partner integration. He served as the chief transition officer at Providence for its $20 billion merger with St. Joseph Health in 2017.
Beaudoin also worked six years at GlaxoSmithKline as an executive sales rep. He will start the new job in mid-November. The Allen Institute, a Seattle-based nonprofit research institution founded by the late Paul Allen, appointed a new CEO and president, Rui Costa, last December.
Other key personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Rick Pittenger is now chief technology officer of Seattle health tech startup DexCare. Pittinger was previously chief technology officer at analytics company Lucid, which was acquired by digital market research company Cint last year for about $1.1 billion. Pittenger remained at Cint as CTO for about a year before joining DexCare in November.
- Laura Cooper, previously senior director of corporate communications at Adaptive Biotechnologies, joined Day One Biopharmaceuticals as head of corporate communications.
- Rippl Care, a recently launched Seattle mental health startup geared for seniors, hired Jesse Schlueter as chief people officer. Schlueter was previously senior VP of human resources, talent and people operations at Nordstrom.
- Jamie Cohen, chief financial officer of Vacasa, joined the board of directors at pet sitting company Rover.
- Michael Goldstein was hired as president and chief medical officer of Aurion Biotech, which raised $120 million in April to advance its experimental therapy for a common corneal condition.
- Richard Graydon, previously senior director of clinical development at Johnson & Johnson, is now interim chief medical officer of Atossa Therapeutics.