Earlier in December, a Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences report obtained by E! News confirmed that 10 Astroworld concertgoers died of compression asphyxia. The manner of death for all 10 victims was listed as an accident.
Since the tragedy, Anheuser-Busch announced the discontinuation of Travis’ Cacti line of hard seltzers, while Nike released a statement postponing the launch of its Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack shoe. Travis has also been removed from the 2022 Coachella lineup, according to Variety.
In an interview with Charlamagne tha God released on YouTube on Dec. 6, Travis addressed the tragedy and vowed to “make sure this never happens again.”
“Fans come to the show to have a good experience,” he said. “I have a responsibility to figure out what happened here, a responsibility to figure out the solution and hopefully this takes a first step into us as artists having more insight of what’s going on. And the professionals to kind of surround and figure out more of the intel, whether it’s tech, whether it’s more of a response, whatever the problem is, to figure out that.”
The “Sicko Mode” artist said at the time that he has also been working on an initiative with the United States Conference of Mayors aiming to prevent future concert tragedies.