New York

Vomiting Campers Swimming at NJ Campus Hospitalized for Possible Chlorine Exposure

A handful of people attending a soccer camp at a New Jersey campus had to be taken to a nearby hospital Monday afternoon after getting sick at a pool.

A Drew University official said several campers became ill after swimming in the Simon Forum’s pool, prompting a hazmat response from the fire department.

“Initial tests detected normal levels of chlorine and all systems were working as expected,” the official said.

An unknown number of the campers were transported to Morristown Medical Center “out of an abundance of caution,” and all parents were reportedly notified.

The campers, who had gone swimming after lunch, reported smelling chlorine vapors in the pool, a source familiar with the investigation said. Several got sick, but the source said none of the campers were exposed to dangerous levels of chlorine.

The Madison Fire Department said it had units on campus responding to a hazmat situation but did not provide a patient count.

Follow On Google News

Share this news on your Fb,Twitter and Whatsapp

File source

Times News Express – Breaking News Updates – Latest News Headlines
Times News Express||USA NEWS||WORLD NEWS||CELEBRITY NEWS||POLITICS||TOP STORIES

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
Close